The best way to avoid infection and the spreading of COVID-19 is to avoid contact with the virus. This image shows you what to do.
How to avoid infection or spreading the virus.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your mouth or nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Use only disposable tissues, and dispose of them immediately after use.
- Avoid close contact with anyone showing respiratory symptoms.
- Monitor travel advice on Smartraveller smartraveller.gov.au.
- Stay at home when you are sick.
Learn more here about the development and quality assurance of healthdirect content.
Last reviewed: March 2020