The best way to avoid infection and the spreading of COVID-19 is to avoid contact with the virus. This image shows you what to do.
How to avoid infection or spreading the virus.
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Practice physical distancing by staying 1.5m from others
- Wear a mask when in crowded situations
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Stay at home when you are feeling unwell.
Learn more here about the development and quality assurance of healthdirect content.
Last reviewed: May 2020