This page contains a text version of a COVID-19: How to avoid infection and spreading the virus infographic.
The best way to avoid infection and the spreading of COVID-19 is to avoid contact with the virus. This image shows you what to do.
How to avoid infection and spreading the virus.
- Wash your hands often for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing
- Practice physical distancing by staying 1.5m from others
- Wear a mask when in crowded situations
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Stay at home when you are feeling unwell.
Visit healthdirect.gov.au/covid-19 for more information and to find out about vaccinations and restrictions in your state or territory.
Learn more here about the development and quality assurance of healthdirect content.
Last reviewed: March 2023