If it’s an emergency
If your injury or illness is critical or life threatening, call triple zero (000).
To speak to a registered nurse, call healthdirect on 1800 022 222*.
To check your symptoms online, use the healthdirect Symptom Checker.
Other crisis and general helplines can be found here.
* Calls from landlines are free, mobile charges may apply.
healthdirect values your feedback (compliments, suggestions or complaints) and we use it to make improvements to our services. Further information about providing feedback can be found here.
Visit the Healthdirect Australia website if you would like to:
- order healthdirect promotional material
- learn about becoming an information partner
- list or update your organisation or practice in the National Health Services Directory (NHSD)
- contact the corporate offices of Healthdirect Australia
Further information about your privacy can be found in our Privacy Statement.
Last reviewed: June 2019
Healthdirect 24hr 7 days a week hotline
24 hour health advice you can count on
Government Accredited with over 140 information partners
We are a government-funded service, providing quality, approved health information and advice