Health app | By: Black Dog Institute
- About: adults in the workforce who want to build good mental health and wellbeing
- Suitable for: adults in male-dominated workplaces — aged 18+ who can read English with ease
- Cost: free
- More information: Visit this page for more information about the HeadGear App
The HeadGear app from Black Dog Institute is a free, easy-to-use app that guides you through a 30–day mental fitness challenge designed to build resilience and wellbeing — it’s even been found to prevent depression.
Based on techniques scientifically proven to build good mental health, it features a range of simple engaging daily activities to help reduce and manage stress, improve sleep, connect better with friends and deal with difficult situations.
- 30-day mental fitness challenge
- Short 5-minute interactive activities to build mental fitness
Time requirement: 5 minutes per day for 30 days.
HeadGear is also personalised. You’ll get to shape your own set of actions for building your mental health and wellbeing.
The HeadGear app is free and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
NOTE: This app is provided by one of Healthdirect Australia's trusted information partners. Please consider if this app is appropriate for your own individual circumstances. There may be costs to use the app or it may be free. You may also be charged for data from your telecommunications provider. For 24-hour health advice call healthdirect on 1800 022 222 or if you need help now these emergency and crisis helplines can provide immediate support.
Last reviewed: October 2020