Health app | By: National Relay Service
- About: communication support for people who are deaf, hard of hearing and /or have a speech impairment and need to communicate with person who can hear and are using a phone.
- Suitable for: users of the NRS – that is, people who are deaf, hard of hearing and /or have a speech impairment.
- Cost: free - users will incur normal call and data costs
- More information: Visit this page for more information about the NRS App
The NRS app from National Relay Service is a free app that assists people who are deaf, hard of hearing and/or have a speech impairment communicate with person who can hear and are using a phone. The app allows people to use the NRS in a mobile setting.
People can make the following types of calls through the National Relay Service (NRS) when they are out and about:
- NRS Chat (Type and Read)
- NRS Captions (Speak and Read)
- Voice Relay (Assisted Speak and Listen)
- Video Relay (sign in Auslan)
The NRS app is free and can be downloaded from the Apple App Store and Google Play Store.
NOTE: This app is provided by one of Healthdirect Australia's trusted information partners. Please consider if this app is appropriate for your own individual circumstances. There may be costs to use the app or it may be free. You may also be charged for data from your telecommunications provider. For 24-hour health advice call healthdirect on 1800 022 222 or if you need help now these emergency and crisis helplines can provide immediate support.
Last reviewed: August 2022