Depending on your particular needs, there are a number of relay call options so you can call anyone and stop relying on other people to make your calls.
- The NRS is available to everyone at no additional charge.
- Calls can be made through a range of devices including smartphones, tablets, computers and teletypewriter (TTY).
- All calls through the NRS are relayed through a relay officer, who is the central link in every call and stays on the line to make sure your calls go smoothly.
- All calls are confidential and user privacy is protected by law.
- Training in how to make and receive relay calls is free.
- It is also available to anyone who wants to call a person who is deaf or has a hearing or speech impairment.
The National Relay Service is an Australian Government initiative.