Depending on your particular needs, there are a number of relay call options so you can call anyone and stop relying on other people to make your calls.
- The NRS is restricted to use for people who are deaf, have a hearing impairment and/or a speech impairment and people wanting to communicate with them.
- Calls can be made through a range of devices including smartphones, tablets, computers and teletypewriter (TTY), at no additional charge.
- All calls through the NRS are relayed through a relay officer, who is the central link in every call and stays on the line to make sure your calls go smoothly.
- All calls are confidential and user privacy is protected by law.
- It is also available to anyone who wants to call a person who is deaf or has a hearing or speech impairment.
The National Relay Service is an Australian Government initiative.