Online program | By: MindSpot
The Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) Course is a clinically-proven treatment that helps adults aged 18 years and over to manage obsessions and compulsions. It can teach you skills to better manage your symptoms and improve your quality of life.
The OCD Course delivers five lessons over eight weeks. It provides information and skills that you would normally receive from a mental health professional. You can choose to receive weekly therapist support during the course, or you can choose to contact us when you need to.
The course aims to help people break unhelpful habits and learn the following core psychological skills:
- How to recognise the cycle of symptoms involved in OCD
- How to recognise and challenge unhelpful thoughts and beliefs
- How to overcome compulsions
- How to gain confidence by learning to safely confront things you have been avoiding
- How to safely start doing things you have been avoiding
- How to stay well once the course has finished
The OCD Course is recommended for people who:
- are 18 years of age or older
- are Australian residents
- have symptoms of OCD as well as symptoms of anxiety and depression
- have at least four hours a week to spend working on the course and practising the skills.
NOTE: This online program is provided by one of Healthdirect Australia's trusted information partners. Please consider if this online program is appropriate for your own individual circumstances. There may be costs to use the online program or it may be free. You may also be charged for data from your telecommunications provider. For 24-hour health advice call healthdirect - 1800 022 222 or if you need help now these emergency and crisis helplines can provide immediate support.
Last reviewed: July 2023