Online program | By: MindSpot
The Indigenous Wellbeing Course is a clinically-proven treatment that helps adults 18 years and over improve their psychological health and overcome symptoms of depression and anxiety.
The Indigenous Wellbeing Course consists of five lessons over an eight-week period. It is designed to provide the information and skills that you would normally receive from a mental health professional. You can choose to receive weekly therapist support during the course, or you can choose to contact us when you need to.
The course aims to help people break unhelpful habits and learn the following core psychological skills:
- How to recognise the cycle of symptoms involved in anxiety and depression
- How to recognise and challenge unhelpful thoughts and beliefs
- How to recognise and manage physical symptoms of anxiety and depression
- How to gain confidence by learning to safely confront things you have been avoiding
- Stories of how other Indigenous Australians have recovered
- How to stay well once the course has finished
This course aims to teach practical psychological skills, in a culturally respectful way. The stories and images are powerful and have been created and provided by Indigenous Australians for Indigenous Australians. We have an Indigenous mental health professional in our team at MindSpot who will be available to assist you whilst participating in the course.
The Indigenous Wellbeing Course is recommended for people who:
- are Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander adults aged 18 years and older
- are Australian residents
- experience symptoms of low mood, depression, social anxiety, panic attacks or general worry
- have at least four hours a week to spend working on the course and practising the skills.
NOTE: This online program is provided by one of Healthdirect Australia's trusted information partners. Please consider if this online program is appropriate for your own individual circumstances. There may be costs to use the online program or it may be free. You may also be charged for data from your telecommunications provider. For 24-hour health advice call healthdirect - 1800 022 222 or if you need help now these emergency and crisis helplines can provide immediate support.
Last reviewed: June 2023