Online program | By: MindSpot
The Mood Mechanic Course can help you gain better control over your symptoms, improve your confidence, and learn skills to empower you get the most out of life.
The Mood Mechanic Course consists of five lessons over eight weeks. It provides the information and skills that you would normally receive from a mental health professional. You can choose to receive weekly therapist support during the course, or you can choose to contact us when you need to.
The course aims to help people learn to break unhelpful habits and learn the following core psychological skills:
- How to recognise the cycle of symptoms involved in anxiety and depression
- How to break the cycle of symptoms of anxiety and depression
- How to recognise and challenge unhelpful thoughts and beliefs
- How to recognise and manage physical symptoms of panic and exhaustion
- How to gain confidence by learning to safely confront things you have been avoiding
- How to stay well once the course has finished
The Mood Mechanic Course is recommended for people who:
- are 18–25 years of age and Australian residents
- experience symptoms of low mood, depression, stress, social anxiety, panic attacks or excessive worry
- have at least four hours a week to spend working on the course and practicing the skills.
NOTE: This online program is provided by one of Healthdirect Australia's trusted information partners. Please consider if this online program is appropriate for your own individual circumstances. There may be costs to use the online program or it may be free. You may also be charged for data from your telecommunications provider. For 24-hour health advice call healthdirect - 1800 022 222 or if you need help now these emergency and crisis helplines can provide immediate support.
Last reviewed: June 2023