It’s natural to worry about things that are important in your life. But if you find you are worrying about every little thing, this can be a problem.
Challenge your thoughts by asking yourself these questions:
- Am I exaggerating?
- Am I jumping to conclusions?
- Am I focusing only on the bad or negative things in my life?
Dealing with excessive worry
You may have a genuine worry or problem which causes you anxiety. To help you deal with worry, try these suggestions:
- Write down your worry or problem.
- Come up with as many solutions to the problem as you can.
- Focus on the positive - don’t put obstacles in your way.
- Think how you have successfully solved a problem before.
- Ask a friend or family member how they would deal with the problem.
- Think about what advice you would give a friend if they had the same problem.
Learn more here about the development and quality assurance of healthdirect content.
Last reviewed: August 2017