Generalised Anxiety Program
Online program | By: This Way Up
Generalised Anxiety Program is an online program developed by the team at THIS WAY UP from UNSW at St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney. It is designed to lessen the symptoms of generalised anxiety disorder and worry (GAD).
This 6-lesson program is based on an effective psychological treatment for generalised anxiety and worry called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (or CBT). It is designed to teach you proven strategies for tackling your symptoms and show you how to work with your thoughts, emotions, and behaviours so you can make a positive change in how you feel. It may be especially helpful to you if you’ve been previously diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder (or GAD) and haven’t had CBT in the past.
This program has been evaluated in a Randomised Controlled Trial. We have also completed large studies of course effectiveness in the real world setting.
- About: online program to learn practical strategies for managing persistent and hard-to-control worry and generalised anxiety.
- Suitable for: those who identify as ‘chronic worriers’ who worry about everything, or individuals who find that their levels of worrying is interfering with their daily life, sleep, health, their work, relationships, or leisure and those diagnosed with Generalised Anxiety Disorder (or GAD). Also available in Chinese.
- Cost: You can enrol in the ‘self-help’ option and start the program right away for $59 (you must reside in Australia to access this option), or you can seek a prescription from your regular GP or mental health professional and enrol in the program for free (this option is available worldwide under the supervision of your treating physician).
- More information: Visit this page to enrol in this program as ‘self-help’ and complete it independently OR
- speak with your regular clinician (e.g., your GP, psychologist, or other health professional) and see if they can prescribe you this program and monitor you throughout your online treatment. You can download and take the Clinician Letter to your appointment.
NOTE: This online program is provided by one of Healthdirect Australia's trusted information partners. Please consider if this online program is appropriate for your own individual circumstances. There may be costs to use the online program or it may be free. You may also be charged for data from your telecommunications provider. For 24-hour health advice call healthdirect - 1800 022 222 or if you need help now these emergency and crisis helplines can provide immediate support.
Last reviewed: March 2022