THIS WAY UP programs are developed by the Clinical Research Unit of Anxiety and Depression (CRUfAD). CRUfAD was founded in 1979 by Professor Gavin Andrews. It combines clinical and research expertise to deliver effective online treatment programs for anxiety and depressive disorders.
Anxiety and Depression are among the most common mental disorders. Even though effective treatments exist for anxiety and depression, less than a quarter of sufferers receive proven treatments.
Vision and mission
The aim of the unit is to reduce the burden of anxiety and depression. THIS WAY UP help's individuals and clinicians. They research, educate individuals how to recover, and teach clinicians how to treat and cure anxiety and depressive disorders.
How THIS WAY UP can help
THIS WAY UP offers various services, including:
- Proven guided (clinician-assisted) and unguided programs under THIS WAY UP Clinic for generalised anxiety disorder (GAD), depression, obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD), panic, agoraphobia, social phobia and mixed anxiety and depression.
- The guided courses are available worldwide for $59 with a prescription from your clinician (GP, Psychologist, Medical Specialist, Mental Health Nurse or other Allied Health Professional).
- Unguided courses are available in Australia for $59 and do not require a prescription.
- A free guided and unguided stress management course is also available.
- Information about common mental disorders, including GAD, depression, OCD, panic, agoraphobia, social phobia and mixed anxiety and depression.
- Prevention programs for schools.
- Services and resources for clinicians, including a free CBT course for clinicians.
Effectiveness of THIS WAY UP Courses
Their programs are supported by more than a 26 randomised control trials and numerous effectiveness studies. These studies show that our programs are effective in significantly reducing the burden of anxiety and depressive disorders in both research and in the real-world clinical settings.