Online program | By: This Way Up
Insomnia Program is an effective online program developed by the team at THIS WAY UP from UNSW at St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney. It's designed to help you learn step-by-step strategies for managing chronic sleep difficulties and insomnia.
This 4-lesson program is based on an effective psychological treatment for insomnia called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It is designed to teach you proven strategies for tackling your symptoms and show you how to work with your thoughts, emotions, and behaviours so you can improve your sleep and make a positive change in how you feel. This program may be especially helpful to you if you’ve been previously diagnosed with Insomnia and haven’t had CBT for Insomnia in the past.
- About: online program to learn practical strategies for managing chronic sleep difficulties or insomnia.
- Suitable for: those who have been finding it increasingly difficult to fall or stay asleep over the last 3 months.
- Cost: free - 90 day access
- More information: Visit this page to enrol in this program as ‘self-help’ and complete it independently OR
- speak with your regular clinician (e.g., your GP, psychologist, or other health professional) and see if they can prescribe you this program and monitor you throughout your online treatment. You can download and take the Clinician Letter to your appointment.
NOTE: This online program is provided by one of Healthdirect Australia's trusted information partners. Please consider if this online program is appropriate for your own individual circumstances. There may be costs to use the online program or it may be free. You may also be charged for data from your telecommunications provider. For 24-hour health advice call healthdirect - 1800 022 222 or if you need help now these emergency and crisis helplines can provide immediate support.
Last reviewed: March 2022