Online program | By: This Way Up
Managing Depression is a online course developed by the team at THIS WAY UP from UNSW at St Vincent’s Hospital, Sydney. It is designed to lessen the symptoms of depression.
This 6-lesson course is based on an effective psychological treatment for depression called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. It is designed to teach proven strategies for tackling symptoms and show you how to work with your thoughts, emotions, and behaviours so you can make a positive change in how you feel. It may be especially helpful to you if you’ve been previously diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder and haven’t had CBT in the past.
- About: Online course to learn practical strategies for managing persistent sadness, low mood and depression.
- Suitable for: people who have had more than one previous episode of depression whether or not they are currently depressed. Also available in Chinese.
- Cost: You can enrol in the ‘self-help’ option and start the course right away for $59 (you must reside in Australia to access this option), or you can seek a prescription from your regular GP or mental health professional and enrol in the course for free (this option is available worldwide under the supervision of your treating physician).
- More information: Visit this page to enrol in this course as ‘self-help’ and complete it independently OR
- speak with your regular clinician (e.g., your GP, psychologist, or other health professional) and see if they can prescribe you this course and monitor you throughout your online treatment. You can download and take the Clinician Letter to your appointment.
NOTE: This online program is provided by one of Healthdirect Australia's trusted information partners. Please consider if this online program is appropriate for your own individual circumstances. There may be costs to use the online program or it may be free. You may also be charged for data from your telecommunications provider. For 24-hour health advice call healthdirect - 1800 022 222 or if you need help now these emergency and crisis helplines can provide immediate support.