Learning begins from the minute a child is born. Whether he/she is being taken care of at home, in childcare or another type of preschool service, it is important that they have opportunities to learn and develop every day.
Starting Blocks is a go-to website for pregnant couples, new parents, and parents of toddlers who want information from a credible source on the best ways to raise a child.
Starting Blocks is a starting point to:
- learn about children's developmental milestones
- understand what to expect from an early childhood education and care service
- find services and learn about their quality ratings
- get tips on starting child care or preschool
- find out what can be done at home to encourage a child’s learning and development
Starting Blocks is an initiative of the Australian Children's Education and Care Quality Authority (ACECQA). ACECQA is an independent national authority that assists governments in implementing the National Quality Framework (NQF) for early childhood education and care.