The painHEALTH website includes:
- Useful information, best practice treatment and self-management options, about the most common musculoskeletal conditions including:
- low back pain
- neck pain
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Complex Regional Pain Syndrome
- Ankylosing Spondylitis
- handy resources for actively managing pain, such as YouTube clips, audio files and downloadable FAQs and information to assist with staying physically and mentally well
- real-life stories from people about how they manage their musculoskeletal pain and remain engaged in life and work
- pain self-check tools to help screen for risk factors for chronic pain, neuropathic pain, complex regional pain syndrome or serious medical conditions
- interviews with leading health professionals on how to best treat and manage musculoskeletal pain
- information about where to seek help in Western Australia.
It was developed through the Department of Health, Western Australia in collaboration with Curtin University, University of Western Australia and the Musculoskeletal Health Network.
The website is supported by the Australian Pain Society and the Australian Physiotherapy Association.
This website initiative aligns with policy frameworks and musculoskeletal Models of Care developed by the Musculoskeletal Health Network. as well as other strategic frameworks for musculoskeletal health, such as the National Pain Strategy. The project also aligns with recommendations from the International Association for the Study of Pain (IASP), including the Declaration of Montreal.