Mind Australia offers practical and motivational assistance to help people gain better mental health and improve the quality of their lives, through:
- helplines that provide information, guidance and referrals
- outreach support that provides one-to-one practical help and motivational support
- care coordination for those who need a lot of different health and social services
- residential programs that provide a safe, supportive environment in which to work more intensively on recovery (both youth and adult)
- psychological counselling and therapy
- group activities offering social connection and mutual support
- workshops that teach new skills for managing health and wellbeing
- online forums where peers can share their insights and support each other
- support for families and carers so they can have some respite from the demands of caring
Mind staff work hard to engage with families, friends and other carers to involve them in decisions about their loved one’s care. Mind also provides friendly, reliable support to people, helping make a positive difference to their lives.
Mind are the leading provider of Prevention and Recovery Care (PARC) residential recovery services (which are the least-restrictive, sub-acute mental health residential services) in Australia.
- Mind Connect - Service information and referral 1300 286 463
- Carer Helpline - 1300 554 660