Right now, 580,000 Australians are living with heart disease and each year, more than 57,000 Australians experience a heart attack.
For more than 60 years, the organisation has led the battle to save lives and improve the heart health of all Australians. The Heart Foundation invests in world-class cardiovascular research and works to improve heart disease prevention and care.
The Heart Foundation relies on donations and gifts in wills to continue its work in research, education and health promotion.
Mission and vision
The Heart Foundation fights for an Australia free of heart disease. The organisation’s work focuses on prevention, support and research to improve the heart health and quality of life of all Australians.
How the Heart Foundation can help
The Heart Foundation fights for all Australian hearts by:
- delivering support for people living with heart disease
- funding life-saving heart research
- guiding health professionals on preventing and treating heart disease
- providing access to resources and education materials about making heart-healthy choices
- advocating to government and industry to improve heart heatlh in Australia
People can call to speak with a qualified health professional and access free, personalised information and support across living with heart disease, reducing heart disease risk, caring for someone with heart disease and more.
Call 131112 Mon to Fri 9am to 5pm AEST
Programs, apps and tools
- Heart age calculator
- Heart health check
- Heart Foundation walking program
- Have you had a heart and stroke check (multilingual resource)
- BMI calculator
- Heart safe community
- Heart healthy recipes