Finding North aims to provide the following service to the Australian public:
- Information and referral options
- A place for people to share their stories and experiences to help others
- Amplification and championing lived experience leadership
- Connecting people with lived experience opportunities, training events and resources
The Finding North website contains information under four core areas:
- Your journey: information about recovery, personal stories and resources, peer work, advocacy, Finding North Network and other helpful guides.
- Get help: information about where to get help, including a Finding North 1800 number, a state-by-state search of key mental health navigators (such as PHN navigators), and information about different service options (such as online and self-help, GP’s, professional support, psychosocial support, NDIS, hospital and other key supports).
- Mental Health and Wellbeing: information ranging from health and wellbeing, diagnosis, treatment options, substance use and addiction etc.
- About Finding North: highlighting its origin and the MIFA membership behind the initiative. One key feature of the website is sharing helpful and inspiring information from people, their families and professionals to help people better navigate the mental health sector. These stories and practical tips and advice will be in the form of videos, pictures, poems, stories, articles and blogs.
Vision and mission
Finding North aims to introduce you to information and supports that have worked for others who experience mental illness and that may be helpful for you or the person you care about.
How Finding North can help
The Finding North website aims to help people:
- learn about the conditions that may be affecting them
- connect with others on similar paths
- be inspired through challenging times so that they can see the potential of what’s possible, not just cope
- seek reliable support so they can recover, find their North and live a meaningful life
Information lines / help lines
- 1800 985 944
- Finding North - Information & Referral Service (Partner organisations)
- Available Weekdays 9am-5pm