Vision and mission
A world free of Parkinson's, and until a cure is found, for those living with Parkinson's to be empowered to live full and active lives.
Empowering people living with Parkinson’s to get the most out of life, to be their own advocate, and to raise funds to support research in delivering effective therapies, treatments, and a cure.
How Fight Parkinson's can help
Fight Parkinson’s strives to improve the quality of life for people with Parkinson’s and Atypical Parkinson’s conditions through:
- Health Education: a variety of hybrid (digital, face to face and online) programs.
- Peer Support: 68 Peer Support Groups across metropolitan, regional and rural Victoria
- Information Service: Staffed by our multi-disciplinary health team, we provide support to thousands of people living with Parkinson’s, carers, and professionals each year via our toll-free and confidential Information Line, email, and in-person.
- Research: Fight Parkinson’s supports and funds research programs that seek to improve quality of life outcomes for people living with Parkinson’s and advance the search for a cure.
- Community Events: They also hold community events to raise awareness of Parkinson’s and to fund their education and support services. This includes A Walk in the Park, their major fundraising event held at Federation Square each year.
Information / help lines
- Call (03) 8809 0400 for free, confidential information, Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm AEST
Programs, apps and tools
- Community Learning Hub - Online courses designed for the Parkinson’s Community, to provide knowledge and understanding of Parkinson’s.
- Aged Care Learning Hub - Online courses designed for Aged Care Professionals, to improve the quality of life for someone living with Parkinson’s
- Professional Development Seminars - Book an online education session for your workplace or business