Diabetes Australia works in partnership with consumers, health professionals and researchers.
They have four Strategic Priorities, each with three key themes:
- national advocacy
- raise the profile, raise awareness
- local, national, global influence
- national self-management programs
- prevent complications
- build capacity
- prevention programs for those at high risk
- diabetes risk assessment
- healthy communities, healthy workplaces and healthy environments.
- tell the research story
- increase research funding
- influence the research agenda