Accredited consultants provide advice and recommendations to people who care for someone with dementia whose behaviours are a risk to themselves or others. Dementia Support Australia offers support 24 hours a day, 365 days a year throughout Australia.
Vision and mission
Dementia Support Australia aims to:
- improve the quality of life and care for people with dementia and their carers;
- up-skill, assist and support aged care providers in improving care for people with dementia and related behaviours; and
- ensure care services for people with dementia are responsive to their individual and diverse needs and circumstances.
How Dementia Support Australia can help
DSA provides a three-level support service based on the needs of the person with dementia
- Dementia Behaviour Management Advisory Service (DBMAS)
- Severe Behaviour Response Teams (SBRT)
- Needs Based Assessment Program which determines eligibility for the Specialist Dementia Care Program (SDCP)
Each support service can be accessed independently. DSA identifies the optimal service level for each client via a team of health professionals with extensive experience of supporting people living with dementia.
Information lines / help lines
- Call the 24 hour helpline on 1800 699 799 or make an online referral at https://dementia.com.au/contact/referral