Vision and mission
Dementia Australia advocates for positive change and supports vital research. They are here to support people impacted by dementia, and to enable them to live as well as possible.
They involve people impacted by dementia and their experiences in Dementia Australia's activities and decision-making, to make sure they are representative of the diverse range of dementia experiences. Dementia Australia amplifies the voices of people impacted by dementia through advocating and sharing stories to help inform and inspire others.
How Dementia Australia can help
Many of the services delivered by Dementia Australia are funded by the Australian Government and delivered across Australia in every state and territory.
- National Dementia Helpline (1800 100 500)
- Counselling support
- Support for people recently diagnosed
- Support for families and carers
- Support for younger onset dementia
- Post-diagnostic support
- Public awareness campaigns and activities
- National resources program
Information lines / help lines
- National Dementia Helpline 1800 100 500 — Monday to Friday, 8am-8pm AEST
Programs and apps and tools
- Request an information kit — Free digital dementia information kit.
- A Better Visit — Free app featuring a range of two-player games designed to enhance communication and facilitate positive social interactions between people with dementia and their visitors.
- Dementia-Friendly Home — An app that provides carers with ideas to make their home more accessible for people living with dementia.