The unit conducts research to drive online internet Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (iCBT) services to prevent, upskill, educate and treat individuals, patients and clinicians. For schools, they educate teachers and students about how to avoid illness and to optimise their physical and mental health. CRUfAD train and up skill clinicians about how to treat and cure anxiety and depression.
CRUfAD’s aim is to reduce the burden of anxiety and depression through prevention, professional education, self-help education and treatment.
- THIS WAY UP - delivers a series of online courses for individuals with anxiety and depressive disorders. These courses can supplement or substitute existing face-to-face services developed by CRUfAD. Each online program is based on the principles of CBT for sadness, shyness, panic, worry and stress.
- Guided courses: individuals are supervised by a dedicated clinician to guide them through courses and monitor their progress.
- Unguided courses: individuals are able to work through the courses unsupervised.
- Clinician resources and services.
- Information about common mental disorders.
- Prevention programs for schools.
- Services and resources for clinicians.
- Virtual Clinic – established to expand the current evidence base through applied research.