They are a non-profit, community based organisation and registered charity dedicated to improving the lives of the estimated 230,000 family carers living in Western Australia. Part of the National Network of Carers Associations, Carers WA are a peak body recognised by government as the voice of family carers. They represent carers interests in the Western Australian community.
Their role is to work in active partnership with carers, persons with care and support needs, health professionals, service providers, government and the wider community to achieve an improved quality of life for carers.
From their head office in Perth they provide services to caring families throughout Western Australia.
Vision and mission
Carers WA envisions a Western Australia that values and supports carers, providing them with choices and opportunities to participate in every aspect of life.
Carers WA’s mission is to support and raise awareness of carers through advocacy, service provision and partnerships.
How Carers WA can help
Carers WA aims to enhance and promote carers health and wellbeing by focusing on their emotional, practical and social support needs.
Services include the provision of specialist information and advice, resources, counselling support, carer representation, workshops and wellness activities.
Information / help lines
- Visit Carers WA or call 1300 227 377 Mon to Fri, 8.30 am to 4.30 pm WST for support.
- Visit Carer Gateway or call 1800 422 737 8.00am to 5.00pm, Mon to Fri AEST.
- Call 1800 007 332 to make an appointment to speak with a Carers WA Counsellor, Mon to Fri 8.30 am to 4.30 pm WST. Counselling is offered face-to-face, via telephone, email and Skype, or in a group.
Programs, apps and tools
- Carers in Employment Program
- Carer Representation Program
- Carer Wellness at Home Program
- NDIS Information and Support for Carers
- Prepare to Care Hospital Program
- Social Support Program
- Young Carers Program