Carers SA is a not-for-profit incorporated association with a mixed income base including funding by the SA and Australian Governments. Carers SA is part of a national network of Carers Associations and a member of Carers Australia, the recognised national peak body representing and advocating on behalf of family and friend Carers throughout Australia.
With one in every nine Australians caring for a family member or friend, Carers SA is committed to providing a range of services to support Carers in their caring role.
Carers SA is committed to working with communities and stakeholders to raise awareness about Carers, the services available and how to access support.
Vision and mission
Carers SA’s vision is for Carers SA to be the first choice organisation for Carers, community, government and media to engage on practical support, policy and education matters related to Carers.
Carers SA’s mission is to work to improve the health, wellbeing, resilience and financial security of Carers and to ensure that caring is a shared responsibility of family, community and the government.
How Carers SA can help
Anyone, Anytime Can Become A Carer
If you provide personal care, support and/or assistance to family or friends who have:
- A disability
- A mental illness
- A long term health condition
- An illness that is terminal
- An alcohol or drug related problem or
- Someone who is frail due to age
Then you are a Carer and you can access the support services that Carers SA offers.
People become Carers in different ways. Sometimes they start helping someone out bit by bit. Sometimes it happens suddenly, because of an accident or illness. Carers can be any age. Parents, grandparents, partners, siblings, children, friends and neighbours may all take on a caring role at some point in their life.
To find out more, contact Carers SA via the Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737 or visit www.carerssa.com.au
Information / help lines
- Call Carers SA via the Carer Gateway on 1800 422 737 from 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday (excluding public holidays) to speak to an experienced staff member about Carer supports and services.
- Carers SA via the Carer Gateway offers Emergency Respite support and is available after hours to assist Carer 24/7. Call 1800 422 737 in an emergency. This is a 24 hours a day, 7 days a week service.
Programs, apps and tools