WA Health's mission is to improve, promote and protect the health of Western Australians, which we aim to do through five key initiatives:
- planning for the future
- caring for individuals and the community
- caring for those who need it most
- making best use of funds and resources
- supporting our team.
WA Health employ 40,000 staff and provide health services across metropolitan, rural and remote areas which include:
- public hospitals and community health services
- health protection through public health services and disaster preparedness management
- mental health services including in-patient services, crisis management and community treatment and support services
- dental health services including school dental health and public community dental services
- Aboriginal health services.
WA Health also fosters partnerships within the healthcare community to achieve the best possible outcomes for the people of Western Australia to receive the care they need, when they need it.
Mental health emergency helpline
- Metro 1300 555 788
- Peel 1800 676 822
- Rural/remote after hours 1800 552 002