They support more than 25,500 people of all ages, life stages and circumstances through 35 Vision Australia centres in VIC, NSW, ACT, QLD, SA and WA and through outreach programs in the NT and TAS.
To support people who are blind or have low vision to live the life they choose.
How Vision Australia can help
You can turn to Vision Australia for help with everything involved with adjusting to vision loss, including:
- understanding your eye condition and how to make the most of your existing vision
- ideas, strategies and support by connecting with people who have similar experiences
- learning different ways to do daily tasks at home
- getting out and about confidently, including catching public transport
- reading in handy formats such as audio books
- continuing to enjoy entertainment including television and live performances through audio description.
Information / help line
- Call 1300 84 74 66 for help, Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm AEST
Programs, apps and tools
- Low vision assessment service
- Braille training
- Cornerstone online resource hub
- Employment assistance
- Telelink group program peer support
- Quality living groups – chat with people in a similar situation
- Community groups
- Peer support program
- Check in and chat Zoom webinars