The Sleep Health Foundation (SHF) mission is to improve people’s lives through better sleep.
Healthy sleep is vital for physical health, mental wellbeing, safety and productivity. Research suggests that over 20% of the population suffer from sleep problems on a daily or near daily basis. Despite this, sleep health receives little attention relative to other aspects of healthy living, such as diet and exercise.
The SHF is working to change this through:
- Advocacy – The Foundation effectively delivers the sleep health message to the community (through its media, social media and website resources) and to community leaders and government.
- Collaboration – The Foundation works with key players to promote sleep health. These include patient groups, professional organisations, businesses and researchers.
- Best practice – The Foundation promotes industry best practice standards to ensure a high standing for sleep therapies in the minds of the community and its leaders.
- Resources – The Foundation makes educational material about sleep and its problems freely available through its website and social media outlets.
- Communication – The Foundation has a rapidly growing database of ‘e-newsletter subscribers’ and a growing social media presence through its Facebook page.