It is funded principally by the Australasian Association for Clinical Biochemistry and Laboratory Medicine (AACB), one of pathology’s peak bodies representing many of the professionals who work in laboratories.
Vision and mission
The aim of Pathology Tests Explained is to provide you with information about pathology testing that you can rely on as being accurate and authoritative. The content is written by practicing pathologists and scientists including some of Australia’s leading experts who work in public or private pathology laboratories or hold appointments with professional societies, all in Australia.
How Pathology Tests Explained can help
Pathology Tests Explained can help by providing all you need to know about the pathology tests that will be used to diagnose, treat, and manage any illness you have.
They can help if you:
- have been asked to have tests
- have a diagnosis but aren’t sure what lies ahead
- are managing a chronic illness
- are caring for someone having tests
- are a health professional looking for information to pass on to a patient or seeking a quick resource for yourself