They aim to be the leading provider of nutrition education, with the goal of reducing the incidence of food-related lifestyle diseases and promoting optimal health amongst the Australian community.
In addition to government funded activities, Nutrition Australia deliver educational programs and services that are funded by contributions from their membership base and corporate sponsors.
Nutrition Australia also:
- acts as a source of scientific information on key nutrition issues
- produces and disseminates material on nutrition to policy makers, the media, educators, food industry and the community
- consults to government departments, food industry and consumer groups as required on issues related to food and nutrition
- encourages innovation in the dissemination of nutrition knowledge
- owns the intellectual property rights to the Healthy Living Pyramid, Aim for the Healthy Weight Range Graph and more than 100 nutrition publications