This includes helping those living with lung disease and their carers; bringing together the leaders in respiratory medicine within Australia; and generating awareness about the importance of positive lung health within the community.
Lung Foundation Australia's objectives are to:
- promote the importance of lung health to the community and provide information on how to maintain healthy lungs
- provide clinical guidance in the evidence based management of lung disease
- support early diagnosis of lung disease as an important first step towards improved outcomes for patients
- provide support to those affected by lung disease – both patients and carers
- improve equitable access to evidence based care
- support quality research