Vision and mission
Ear Science Institute works to allieviate the impact of hearing loss. Their audiologists, clinicians, researchers, scientists and surgeons all work in synergy to enhance the lives of those with ear and hearing disorders, discovering and delivering innovative treatments to patients today and developing ground-breaking cures for tomorrow’s generation.
They are dedicated to helping people with ear and hearing disorders through research, education, prevention and treatment.
How Ear Science Institute Australia can help
They provide information and the latest research in ear and hearing health.
In Western Australia they:
- Provide hearing treatments through Lions Hearing Clinic and Ear Science Implant Clinic (registered agents for the NDIS to support individuals with hearing services)
- In conjunction with the Lions Hearing Foundation they coordinate the Lions Hearing Aid Bank, donating hearing aids to local, national and international organisations
- Develop resources & training for Audiology students, GPs and Surgeons
- Arrange Lions Healthy Hearing Pop Ups for local community groups & events - providing free hearing checks and hearing health information, and
- The Lions Healthy Hearing Outback team take hearing services to the Pilbara in conjunction with Puntukurnu Aboriginal Medical Service (PAMS).
Information lines /help lines
- Call 1800 054 667 Mon to Fri, 8:30am to 4:30pm WST - for free Hearing & Tinnitus Advice (Closed public holidays)
Programs apps and tools
- Free Hearing Check – Check your hearing online in just a few minutes.
- Free Hearing Aid Check – Check your hearing aids in a few minutes. (Hearing aids help many people, but as your hearing loss progresses, a cochlear implant may give you the clarity and volume you need to understand speech again.)