They are involved with advising government and liaising with business and professional groups to help create strategies to fight cancer.
Cancer Council Victoria aims to maintain a strong public profile and preserve their independence in order to maximise their ability to influence the public agenda.
- coordinate in Victoria all activities relating to research with respect to cancer and allied conditions and in particular, research into the causation, prevention and treatment of cancer and allied conditions
- undertake, promote and subsidise such research
- provide information and advice, and also develop, coordinate and participate in educational programs relating to the prevention, detection, treatment and management of cancer and allied conditions
- promote, provide and coordinate services for the support and welfare of people suffering from cancer and allied conditions
- act in association with any organisation having objectives similar to the objectives of Cancer Council Victoria