Through the provision of evidence-based information, education and counselling, we provide peer support to mums and their families. We also educate and equip health professionals with the information they need and advocate to remove the societal barriers to breastfeeding.
Vision and mission
As Australia’s leading authority on breastfeeding, ABA supports, educates and advocates for a breastfeeding inclusive society. Almost all women want to breastfeed their babies. Breastfeeding is a practical, learned skill and ABA aims to support the 300,000 plus women who give birth in Australia each year to breastfeed their child for as long as they choose to.
How ABA can help
ABA’s 24-hour Breastfeeding Helpline 1800 mum2mum (1800 686 268) supports mums when they need it. Our volunteer breastfeeding counsellors are mums who have experience in breastfeeding and have a Certificate IV in Breastfeeding Education. In addition, ABA also offers;
- an online information hub
- mum2mum app
- local support groups
- antenatal classes
- memberships for mums and health professionals
ABA also supports breastfeeding friendly communities with the Breastfeeding Friendly Workplace accreditation, Baby Care Room Awards and the Breastfeeding Welcome Here program.
Information lines / help lines
- Call 1800 mum2mum (1800 686 268) for ABA’s 24-hour Breastfeeding Helpline
Programs, apps and tools
- LiveChat — staffed by qualified volunteers to help people find evidence-based information about breastfeeding
- mum2mum app — all of the breastfeeding information and support you need at your fingertips
- FeedSafe app — assisting breastfeeding mothers to make the best decisions about alcohol consumption.