Child FIRST provides a central, community-based referral point to a range of community based family services and other supports for vulnerable children and families within Victoria. This enables families to access the services and supports they need, at the time they need them, to build the capacity of families to support their children's healthy development.
Child FIRST team was established to coordinate intake services for all DHS Family Services funded programs in the southern Loddon Mallee region. These services have formed a partnership called the North Central Victorian Family Services Alliance. Members of the NCVFS Alliance include:
• Bendigo and District Aboriginal Cooperative (BDAC)
• Bendigo Community Health Services
• Castlemaine District Community Health Centre
• CentaCare – Diocese of Sandhurst
• Cobaw Community Health Services
• Echuca Regional Health
• Kyabram Community and Learning Centre
• Njernda Aboriginal Corporation and
• St Luke's Anglicare Victoria.
Child FIRST can be accessed by families and professionals alike.
Please phone the Child FIRST team to make a referral.