Next Step is a government health service that provides a range of treatment services for people experiencing problems associated with their alcohol and other drug use, as well as support for families, clinical placements for students and research. Services under Next Step include outpatient treatment services and pharmacy, youth services, and the community pharmacotherapy program.
In partnership with the Non-Government sector, Next Step provides outpatient health services at centres located in Warwick, Joondalup, Fremantle, Rockingham, Mandurah, Thornlie, Midland, and East Perth,. The health services provided through these seven metropolitan community drug services include:
• Specialised medical AOD assessment
• Outpatient withdrawal
• Opiate and alcohol pharmacotherapy
• Clinical psychology
• Case management and counselling
• Pharmacotherapy dispensing for clients with special needs is available from East Perth
Drug and Alcohol Youth Service (DAYS) is a partnership between Mission Australia and Next Step Youth Service (NSYS) to provide young people and their families with a range of alcohol and drug treatment services. Specifically these include:
• Assessment and referral
• Counselling and case management, clinical psychology, outpatient withdrawal, opiate and alcohol pharmacotherapy, aboriginal and youth mentors
• Inpatient withdrawal and respite
• Residential rehabilitation
Community Pharmacotherapy Program within Next Step supports community based health service providers such as GPs and pharmacies to provide opioid substitution treatment to people with opiate and other drug problems.
People experiencing problems associated with their alcohol and drug use and their families.
A formal referral is not required. Clients accessing Next Step services will have a brief initial contact assessment