Primary & Preferred Referral Sources(s)
AMES - Australian Migrant Employment Services - most clients are referred by the AMES Settlement Case Coordinator within one week of arriving in Australia
Mandory Referral Data
AMES Settlement Referral including Case Coordinator & contact information, Client primary contact information and details of family. The form must be legible.
The programs works with newly arrived families (refugee visa holders or Asylum seekers) to provides support with health issues, information and access to other health and social services. It provides:
- initial Health Assessment including Psycho Social screening
- Arabic Access Worker
- links to primary health care services, social support and culturally specific social sevices including Migrant Resource Centre, Foundation House for Trauma Counselling, Victorian Arabic, Social Support
- referral to a general practitioner for a Refugee Health Assessment and information for accessing Specialist
- referrals to other Allied Health services including but not limited to Optometry, Emergency dental and Dental waiting list, Physiotheraphy, Audiology, Diabetes Nurse Educator, Dietician, Podiatry
- interpreter services proved free of charge
- translated health information on relevant agencies, services and specific health issues
- home visits if required
Contact the Refugee Health Team
Arabic Access Worker Mueen Albreihi 8345 5444 available days Mondays and Fridays (please leave a message)
Refugee Nurse Lyn Nicholls 8345 5434 or Mobile 0408 316 489 available Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays.
Refugee Health Team Leader Maree Kendall 8345 5330
Prior appointment required Referrals accepted from any source if the client is eligible.
Location: Home visits or at the Community Health Centre
Hours: Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm