The Grampians Regional Palliative Care Team includes two Palliative Care Physicians, Palliative Care Coordinator, Palliative Care Nurse Educator and Palliative Care Clinical Nurse.
The role of the Team includes elements of education, collaborative strategic planning, preparation of written materials, quality improvement processes and clinical consultation.
Palliative Care Physicians
Dr David Brumley, Ph: 03 5320 3895 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr Greg Mewett, ph 03 5320 3895 or email@example.com
* Consultation and patient assessment throughout the Grampians region.
* Clinical leadership to the Grampians Regional Palliative Care Team.
* Promotion and participation in palliative care research and evaluation.
* Provide a clinical resource to multidisciplinary teams throughout the region.
* Contribute to strategic planning for palliative care services in the Grampians region.
Jade Odgers Ph: 5320 3553 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* In conjunction with key stakeholders, to identify key prioritites for work to be undertaken by the Grampians Regional Palliative Care Team
* Promotion and development of awareness and practice skills of good palliative practice amongst all those who nurse/care for people with a terminal illness.
* To maintain required records of the activities of the team for regular reporting and planning purposes.
* Provision of effective and professional leadership to the Grampians Regional Palliative Care Team.
GRPCT Nurse Educator
Regina Kendall, Ph 5320 3553 or email@example.com
* To develop strategies and a work plan for the Grampians Regional Palliative Care Team.
* Prepare and distribute appropriate resources for use by palliative care workers.
* Promote awareness of good palliative practice amongst health professionals.
* Provide ongoing educational programs.
Palliative Care Clinical Nurse Consultant
Jan Milliken, 5320 3553 or firstname.lastname@example.org
* To develop and maintain an effective working relationship with regional inpatient and community services and the palliative care physicians.
* Provide clinical direction for staff in the acute inpatient setting.
* Liaise with multidisciplinary care providers at Ballarat Health Services and St John of God Hospitals.
* Liaise with Regional Palliative Care Coordinators.