Public holidays:View holiday hours Hide holiday hours
New Year's Day: 01 January 2020 Closed
Australia Day: 27 January 2020 Closed
Good Friday: 10 April 2020 Closed
Easter Saturday: 11 April 2020 Closed
Easter Sunday: 12 April 2020 Closed
Easter Monday: 13 April 2020 Closed
Anzac Day: 25 April 2020 Closed
May Day: 04 May 2020 Closed
Queen's Birthday: 08 June 2020 Closed
Picnic Day: 03 August 2020 Closed
Christmas Day: 25 December 2020 Closed
Boxing Day: 28 December 2020 Closed
Billing: No Fee
The Leukaemia Foundation is a Blood Cancer Support Service. Services include:
• Community service provided to patients and families affected by blood cancer by providing information such as-up-to-date booklets, newsletters, websites, etc.
• Educational support- disease-specific seminars, blood cancer telephone forums, access to health professionals
• Emotional Support- over-the-phone dialogue or face-to-face interactions; facilitating opportunities to speak with others affected by blood cancer. This includes referring to psychologists within the community with negotiated rates for extensive counselling sessions.
• Practical support- includes accommodation for those facing interstate treatment near metro treatment centres, and remote NT patients re-locating to Darwin for cancer treatment. This includes patient transport services in Darwin and other metro areas in Australia.
• Advocacy- includes helping patient's access clinical trials and the latest drug treatments as well as linking patients and families up with resources and support from within the community.
A diagnosis of blood cancer qualifies individuals for these services.
Services are free and video-conferencing, i.e. Facetime, Skype, is available to facilitate access for Territorians unable to come into the office.