Public holidays:View holiday hours Hide holiday hours
New Year's Day: 01 January 2020 Closed
Australia Day: 27 January 2020 Closed
Good Friday: 10 April 2020 Closed
Easter Saturday: 11 April 2020 Closed
Easter Sunday: 12 April 2020 Closed
Easter Monday: 13 April 2020 Closed
Anzac Day: 25 April 2020 Closed
Labour Day: 04 May 2020 Closed
Queen's Birthday: 05 October 2020 Closed
Christmas Day: 25 December 2020 Closed
Boxing Day: 28 December 2020 Closed
Billing: No Fee
Wheelchair access: Yes
CYFOS is a specialist forensic service developed to assist young people with mental health issues who are currently involved with, or at significant risk of involvement in, the criminal justice system.
Referrals are only accepted from Queensland Health Child and Youth Mental Health Services, Evolve Therapeutic Services or Department of Communities Youth Justice Services (with the exception of the Court Liaison Service* in which anyone can refer to). Referrals and other requests should be directed to the CYFOS Intake Officer during business hours and/or the local outreach or Court Liaison Service clinician.
Services provided include:
- Specialised forensic assessments
- Consultation-liaison in relation to assessing and managing forensic mental health issues;
- Collaborative facilitation of offence-specific treatment to CYMHS and Evolve consumers who are engaging in significant sexualised and/or violent behaviours.
- Mental health assessments of young people on community-based orders;
- Short-term mental health interventions
- Facilitating referrals to local CYMHS or other relevant agencies and supports;
- Court Liaison Service*: provides mental health assessments of young people presenting to the Children's Court. Children's Courts receiving a Court Liaison Service include: Brisbane, Redcliffe, Caboolture, Southport, Ipswich and Richlands Children's Court.