NT Health has express values that underpin how they deliver services, including:
- respect and cooperation
- responsibility to society
- taking pride in our work
- being here for our clients.
NT Health's services include:
- five public hospitals
- community and remote health centres
- mental health services
- aged and disability programs
- alcohol and other drugs programs
- oral health services
- audiology and hearing health
- women's health
- cancer screening services
- child, youth and family support programs.
They work in partnership with a range of Non-Government Organisations to deliver various services, including ambulance services, drug and alcohol withdrawal, disability services, family support services and other community-related services.
Improving Aboriginal health is NT Health's greatest challenge and they recognise tackling the underlying causes of poor health and providing health services within a primary care framework is the best approach.
NT Health are working to address Indigenous disadvantage in the Northern Territory. Investments include additional primary care health professionals, additional child protection workers and programs to encourage local employment in a range of new family-related services in remote areas, as well as accelerated treatment of medical conditions in Aboriginal children.
NT Health mental health crisis services
- Phone NT CATT on 1800 682 288
- Check the website for more details