This large and diverse membership gives the Alliance a comprehensive and authentic view of the health interests of rural and remote Australia.
The Alliance's reach across rural and remote Australia allows them to quickly share information with health professionals and health consumers.
Vision and mission
The Alliance has a key role in advancing health outcomes and access to health services for people living in rural, regional and remote Australia. The Alliance is the only peak national body that has this particular focus. This focus is uniquely strengthened by the composition and breadth of its membership.
The Constitution of the National Rural Health Alliance Ltd. reflects the overarching purpose, intent and obligation of the organisation.
The Vision of the Alliance, as the peak non-government rural and remote health organisation, is good health and wellbeing in rural and remote Australia.
How National Rural Health Alliance (NRHA) can help
The Alliance seeks to fulfil this vision by:
- identifying priority needs in rural and remote health and promoting appropriate action;
- undertaking or commissioning research into key issues in rural and remote health and develop knowledge about them;
- disseminating relevant information and knowledge to those with an interest in rural and remote health;
- providing feedback to governments on the health impact of their policies and services in rural, regional and remote communities;
- encouraging stronger organisations and population groups to recognise and support those which are vulnerable;
- developing strategic alliances with other groups that have the potential to improve rural and remote health outcomes; and
- undertaking resourced project and contract work that supports the vision of the Alliance