MND Australia and its members, the state MND associations, form the only national network focused on improving the lives of all Australians living with MND.
MND Australia works to advocate, inform, connect and invest in research to improve the lives of all those impacted by MND and realise our vision of a world free of MND.
How MND Australia can help
MND Australia can help improve the lives of people living with MND by:
- drawing on the latest, high quality scientific research on the causes, management and care of the disease to improve and support the provision of evidence based care
- developing innovative campaigns that bring insights from local experience to a national level to inform and influence decision makers
- creating high quality, easy-to-read guides, fact sheets and other information resources about dealing with MND to empower and inform all those living with MND
- coordinating more effective responses to optimise access to needs based government funded supports for all people living with MND, regardless of age or location
- through our research arm MND Research Australia invest research donations in the highest calibre research and innovation to move us closer to effective treatments and to maximize quality of life.
Information lines / help lines
- Call 1800 777 175 to contact your state MND association, Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm
- Call 02 8287 4980 to contact MND Australia, Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm AEST
Programs, apps and tools
- MNDcare an evidence based and best practice website for health, disability, aged and community care professionals.
- Could this be MND? a tool designed to assist GPs in recognising MND symptoms for helping improve the referral time to a neurologist.