Vision and mission
MIFA's vision is For Australians to have the best possible mental health and quality of life. Their Mission and core strength is in amplifying the voice of people affected by severe mental illness, their families, and friends.
How MIFA can help
MIFA is leading a national advocacy alliance to deliver a national campaign to address the gap in psychosocial supports.
MIFA has member organisations across Australia, with close to 100 ‘front doors’ in metropolitan and regional locations.
MIFA's national mental health information and referral service, Finding North, assists people affected by mental illness and those who care about them by providing information, support and links to the kind of on-going assistance they may need.
Currently, MIFA has member organisations operating in most states and territories of Australia. These include:
- One Door in NSW
- Mental Illness Fellowship of WA
- Skylight (SA)
- Selectability (North QLD)
- Mental Health Fellowship of Australia (NT)
- Mental Health Foundation ACT
For more information:
- Call 1800 985 944 from anywhere in Australia (Mon-Fri 8.30am-4.30pm)
- Free and confidential service
- Check the website for more details and online resources