Vision and mission
The Child and Family Health Service, a division of the Women’s and Children’s Health Network, aims to support parents of young children from birth to 5 years by providing access to advice and support for children’s health, development and wellbeing needs.
How Child and Family Health Service can help
Through a program of recommended regular health checks for young children, Child and Family Health Service can offer support with:
- health and development
- being a parent
- understanding children’s needs
- parents’ emotional wellbeing
- adjusting to parenting
- child safety.
If children or their parents are experiencing ongoing challenges, they have a range of extended services to help children meet their health and development needs.
Information lines/help lines
- Call 1300 733 606 to book an appointment with a CaFHS nurse.
- Find your nearest CaFHS centre here.
- Call our Parent Helpline on 1300 364 100 for support and advice on health or development concerns about your child.