Healthdirect Australia uses social media to provide useful information regarding our public health services and to interact with users of those services. A list of our services can be viewed at www.healthdirect.gov.au/our-services. To ensure that this social media space is kept fair, safe and for all to enjoy, we ask users to follow and respect the following rules:
We ask users not to:
- Impersonate any other person.
- Abuse, intimidate, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post or distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, obscene, hateful, indecent, misleading or unlawful material or information.
- Upload or attach files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws unless the user owns or control the rights, or has received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software, or, programs that may damage the operation of someone else's computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded.
- Advertise products or services to take advantage of this page as a vehicle for business or self-promotion.
- Post or upload links to external websites.
- Conduct any other activity that may expose Healthdirect Australia to civil liability.
Our social media pages are not intended as complaints forums. Healthdirect Australia encourages feedback and if you wish to provide feedback on our services or make a compliant, we ask that you email us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org. The information contained on our social media pages is for your general information and use only. It is not intended to be used as medical advice and should not be used to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any medical condition, nor should it be used for therapeutic purposes.
The information is not a substitute for independent professional advice and should not be used as an alternative to professional health care.
While we like seeing your comments, photos, videos and posts, we reserve the right to remove any user content that is offensive, off-topic or inappropriate. Failure to comply with these rules will result in user content being removed and users may be banned from accessing our page.
We also ask users to consider the content of the information they are intending to share before they upload it to our public health service social media pages. Once it has been uploaded, the content will be in the public domain. Users should check their personal Facebook profile settings to protect their identity and personal information.
Links to external websites and other third-party social media presences from a Healthdirect Australia social media presence are provided as a convenience to users and such sites and associated content are not under the control of Healthdirect Australia. The inclusion of any link (or retweet) does not imply endorsement of that website, content, service or person by Healthdirect Australia. Healthdirect Australia is also not responsible for the reliability of links, or for any loss or inconvenience arising from their use.
Do not use this site to seek medical advice. For non-urgent medical assistance call the healthdirect Australia 24 hour health advice line on 1800 022 222 or otherwise consult a healthcare professional. If it's an emergency, dial triple zero (000) for an ambulance.
Last reviewed: April 2016