Referrals to specialist outpatient services within Beaudesert Hospital must be in writing, and as a minimum contain the following:
• Patient demographics including Medicare number and Interpreter requirements
• Patient's mobile phone contact number and an alternate postal or contact address (if not the same as usual residence)
• Reason for referral (including the problem to be assessed, degree of loss of function, pain experienced)
• Results of relevant investigations (pathology, radiology, histology)
• Current medications and doses, prescribed and over the counter (note any recent changes in drug therapy)
• Allergies (drug/topical preparation)
• Relevant information about the patient's condition such as previous medical/surgical treatment (include systemic and topical medications prescribed for the condition) and details of any associated medical conditions which may affect the condition or its treatment (e.g., diabetes)
• Relevant psychological and social issues impacted by condition
• Smoking and alcohol history.
• LNMP, Gravida, Parity, EDC
• Blood tests: FBC, HepB, HepC, HIV, Syphilis serology, Blood group and antibodies
• Dating & Morphology Ultrasound scans
• Aneuploidy screening
• (GTT for selective patients only)
• First trimester combined screening results if the patient identifies as an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander.
Note: Beaudesert Hospital offers antenatal and postnatal
care for eligible local mothers; the birth currently takes
place at Logan Hospital.