The RDNS Liaison Service provides the vital link for clients requiring ongoing community nursing care. RDNS Liaison Clinical Nurse Consultants work with hospital staff and other health care services and providers to achieve continuing best health outcomes for clients via the following processes:
• Providing community focussed nursing assessments for patients
• Collaborating with hospital staff for discharge planning. This includes discussion of patients on-going needs and ensuring that all equipment, supplies and information has been provided prior to discharge.
• Participation in family case conferences
• Coordinating admission to RDNS including the scheduling of home visits by specialist and general nursing staff
• Collaboration with other Health professionals to assist/arrange other community services as needed eg. Home Help, Meals on Wheels.
When the Liaison CNC is not in attendance, please refer to the information folder 'Referral to RDNS' located on all wards and in major departments
Contact the RDNS Liaison Clinical Nurse Consultant in attendance at Sunshine Hospital from Monday - Thursday.
Sunshine Hospital general switchboard 8345 1333