920 Gnangara Road, CULLACABARDEE, WA, 6067
Today's opening hours:
9am - 5pm
- Monday: 9am - 5pm
- Tuesday: 9am - 5pm
- Wednesday: 9am - 5pm
- Thursday: 9am - 5pm
- Friday: 9am - 5pm
Public holidays: View holiday hours Hide holiday hours
New Year's Day:
01 January 2020
27 January 2020
02 March 2020
10 April 2020
11 April 2020
12 April 2020
13 April 2020
25 April 2020
Western Australia Day:
01 June 2020
28 September 2020
25 December 2020
28 December 2020
The Rick Hammersley Centre Therapeutic Community is:
• Located at the Rick Hamersley Centre; 30 mins north of Perth on 32 acres of natural bushland; and
• A four stage program based on the Therapeutic Community (TC) model. Residents are expected to complete the first 2 stages of the program (16 weeks) in order to graduate. To get the maximum benefits of recovery from drug and alcohol dependency issues, we encourage residents to complete the following 3rd and 4th stages of the program (stay up to a year).
To enable maximum benefit from the program each applicant will receive
Thorough assessment, treatment matching and support whilst preparing for admission.
During Residential Treatment
Support to fully participate in a comprehensive treatment program that provides:
• An individual treatment plan and case management.
• Medical review provided by onsite weekly GP Clinic.
• Education on cultural security, gender issues, hygiene, BBV's.
• Staged education groups.
• Therapeutic groups.
• Fitness Program conducted by an accredited provider.
• Recreational activities.
• Targeted interventions formulated through case management that assists residents.
• to identify unhelpful behavior patterns and practical strategies to make desired changes.
• Vocational assessment and assistance.
• Links to community self help groups.
• Resident roles designed to confer identified therapeutic benefits and linked to increased responsibilities and privileges.
• Consumer feedback processes where forums are provided for residents to give feedback about all elements of the service.
After Residential Treatment
Because recovery is a journey not an event we offer the following options after residential treatment:
• Transitional housing for residents that have completed 4 stages of the program.
• Follow up 1:1 counselling through our non-residential service.
• Volunteer program at the TC.
Assessment and referral
Please call (08) 9328 9200 to make a booking to attend the Therapeutic Community Information Group held at 318 Fitzgerald Street Perth.