There are usually no signs or symptoms in the early stages of lung cancer. However, symptoms develop as the disease progresses.
The main symptoms of lung cancer are listed below. If you have any of these, you must see your doctor:
- a new or changed cough
- persistent chest infections
- coughing up blood; this is called 'haemoptysis'
- unexplained persistent breathlessness
- unexplained persistent tiredness or lack of energy
- unexplained persistent weight loss
- persistent chest or shoulder pain
Sources: NHS Choices, UK (Symptoms of lung cancer)